Critical network failure is an ongoing and serious threat to nearly every business. Contingencies must be put in place to protect against prolonged downtime, lost profits and unproductive employees. While the effect that a critical network failure has on a business is well documented, too many organizations fail to properly prepare for such an event. As Murphy's Law would tell us, your systems are likely to perform perfectly until you can least afford a network or critical system outage. When the inevitable occurs, being prepared to respond to a crisis makes all the difference in the world.
It's a fact that no IT company can guarantee 100% uptime by protecting against every possible threat scenario. However, The Go2IT Group has assembled a comprehensive plan to minimize the risk and exposure to your business and maintains an emergency response preparedness plan in the event a critical failure does occur. Whether your network goes down during normal business hours or in the middle of the night when least expected, response time becomes paramount. Partnering with The Go2IT Group gives you piece-of-mind that we will be aware of any significant issues or problematic devices before you know a problem exists. We will be in direct communication with you and working alongside you until the problem is resolved.
The Go2IT Group Emergency Response Preparedness Checklist
To prepare for and guard against, critical network events, The Go2IT Group creates an Emergency Response Plan based upon the following:
- Network Evaluation and Overview - The Go2IT Group will conduct an exhaustive network analysis to gain an intimate knowledge of your existing network. We will document the age and performance levels of existing hardware components, review disk utilization and update critical patches and security updates – all in an effort to assess the risk of potential hardware failure.
- Overview of Hardware Infrastructure and Configuration – Often times the way in which your network infrastructure is designed and configured poses the biggest threat to performance as well as security-related issues. The Go2IT Group reviews the current design and offers optimal configuration alternatives/design recommendations to greatly improve system performance and reduce the risk of network outages or system failures.
- Potential Firewall Vulnerability and Outside Threat Assessment – Every business must safeguard their data and protect against deliberate attacks from outside the network. The Go2IT Group examines firewall design, infrastructure settings, and configurations to prevent outside access.
- Implementation of 24-hour monitoring capabilities – Given the importance of a quick response to a critical event, 24-hour monitoring is an essential component of any emergency response plan. This allows The Go2IT Group to have a real-time view of the current status of your network. Alarms and Alerts are set to notify us of potential or imminent issues and enable us to respond immediately to resolve any problem.
- Review of existing Backup & Disaster Recovery Plan – The restoration of critical company data is a vital component to any emergency response plan. The Go2IT Group will review your current BDR plan and discuss alternative options which may improve or expedite the restoration of data, or perhaps provide a more cost-effective approach.
- Dispatch Emergency Response Teams – The Go2IT Group has teams of Engineers and Support Technicians ready to respond to any emergency at a moment's notice. We provide both remote and onsite support and will continue to work until all issues are resolved and your network is back online.
Emergency IT Support Service
Unanticipated IT related problems like network outages or server crashes can have a devastating and impactful effect on your business and your bottom line. Losing a production server in any capacity or even having a firewall or backbone switch go down can be disastrous. When emergencies strike, The Go2IT Group will respond expeditiously. Our Network Operations Center can provide Emergency IT Support Services at a moment's notice day or night.
Common Scenarios/Related Issues:
- Network Hardware Failures or Complete System Outages
- Server Crashes and Server Hardware Failures
- Infrastructure Failures - Switches, Routers and Firewalls
- Network Performance Issues
- Data Recovery
- Remote Network Access Issues
- SQL or Exchange Application Issues
- Desktop / Laptop Viruses or System Crashes / Failures
Our Professional IT Services Department and Network Operations Center (NOC) are Silver Certified Microsoft Partners and Intel Platinum Partners located in Cleveland, Ohio. The technicians and engineers on staff have been trained and certified to support every possible IT related emergency that might ever occur. The Go2IT Group is just a phone call away and are happy to assist anyone in need of professional and courteous Emergency IT support services.