The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support to end users in a desktop, server and infrastructure environment. Strong analytical, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills are needed to be successful in this position. The ability to support the installation and maintenance of client PC/Server hardware and software with the ability to perform network deployments is required. In addition to remote support, the technician must be able to visit clients onsite using company vehicle.
• IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
• Correct faults and provide resolution of complex problem tickets
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, etc.
• Perform PC and network troubleshooting and upgrades
• Network support and troubleshooting
• Perform network analysis and capacity planning
• Assist in the creation of processes and procedures for client network operations
• Contribute to the administration of network backup and disaster recovery
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of multiple projects
• Participate in on-call rotation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
• Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
• Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
• Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• The ability to diagnose a wide array of technical issues in an ever-changing environment
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of Windows Server
• Experience with Microsoft O365
• Understanding of network switches, routers, and firewalls is required
• Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMWare experience a plus.
• Troubleshooting, initiative and professionalism are of utmost importance.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience/certifications (A+, Network+, CCNA, CCSP, MCP, MCSE, and MCSA)
• Healthcare plan
• Prescription Drug Plan
• Vision Plan
• Dental Plan
• Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Empowering Work Environment