The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support to end users in a desktop, server and infrastructure environment. Strong analytical, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills are needed to be successful in this position. The ability to support the installation and maintenance of client PC/Server hardware and software with the ability to perform network deployments is required.
In addition to remote support within our Westlake, Ohio office, the technician must be able to visit clients onsite using company vehicle.
• IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
• Correct faults and provide resolution of complex problem tickets
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, etc.
• Perform PC and network troubleshooting and upgrades
• Network support and troubleshooting
• Assist in the creation of processes and procedures for client network operations
• Contribute to the administration of network backup and disaster recovery
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of multiple projects
• Participate in on-call rotation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
• Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
• Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
• Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• The ability to diagnose a wide array of technical issues in an ever-changing environment
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of Windows Server is required
• Experience with Microsoft O365 is required
• Understanding of network switches, routers, and firewalls is required
• Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMWare experience a plus.
• Troubleshooting, initiative and professionalism are of utmost importance.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience/certifications (A+, Network+, CCNA, CCSP, MCP, MCSE, and MCSA)
• Healthcare plan
• Prescription Drug Plan
• Vision Plan
• Dental Plan
• Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Empowering Work Environment